I collaborate with Chat GPT and Suno to put my ideas to music. I was an English major, so I do work on the lyrics, but I am not a musician, so Suno helps me out in that area. Here is a link to the song, if you care to listen: https://suno.com/s/JKyLwNpuWdwD4D42
The way I see life, it makes you so angry
But I see what kind of things make you smile
So I’ll stick with my side of history
Even if it makes me an exile
And I hear how you think I’m flawed,
but I have seen the things you applaud,
and it’s an Empire-style façade,
because it doesn’t look at all like God.
You nod when kids get ICED at school
Like dignity is something they’re beneath
Laugh at the nicknames and public shaming
I guess cruelty trumps kindness on TV
Leaders wave a Bible over words of violence
Call war crimes “protecting liberty”
But the man who said, “love your enemies”
Sounds nothing like these wannabe kings
The way I see life, it makes you so angry
But I see what kind of things make you smile
So I’ll stick with my side of history
Even if it makes me an exile
And I hear how you think I’m flawed,
but I have seen the things you applaud,
and it’s an empire style façade,
because it doesn’t look at all like God.
You dedicate golden statues with pious prayers
While our bombs kill school children in Iran
The poor get buried under mountains of debt
While the wealthy get tax breaks from the man
They slash the bread lines, gut programs in schools
Tell refugees their welcome has ceased
Then quote a verse about “God blessing nations”
Like Jesus never said we should care for the least.
The way I see life, it makes you so angry
But I see what kind of things make you smile
So I’ll stick with my side of history
Even if it makes me an exile
And I hear how you think I’m flawed,
but I have seen the things you applaud,
and it’s an Empire-style façade,
because it doesn’t look at all like God.
You target drag queens and profanity
While abusers boast behind white house doors
Excuse the sins of the wealthy and strong
The victims of Epstein are the one you ignore
You say immigrants are poisoning our blood
You say they’re animals, thieves, and snakes
But every face you’ve learned to vilify
Bears an image God Himself made.
The way I see life, it makes you so angry
But I see what kind of things make you smile
So I’ll stick with my side of history
Even if it makes me an exile
And I hear how you think I’m flawed,
but I have seen the things you applaud,
and it’s an Empire-style façade,
because it doesn’t look at all like God.
And yes I’m flawed like you keep saying
Surely I don’t always see things right
But I know the fruits of fear and power
don’t look anything like Christ.
The way I see life, it makes you so angry
But I see what kind of things make you smile
So I’ll stick with my side of history
Even if it makes me an exile
And I hear how you think I’m flawed,
but I have seen the things you applaud,
and it’s an Empire-style façade,
because it doesn’t look at all like God.